Monday, July 14, 2014

Under Different Stars by Amy A. Bartol


Author of the The Premonition series, Amy A. Bartol introduces us to her heart-pounding new series a little farther from home than her past books. Kidnapped from earth and taken to another world, Kricket is thrust into a society that she knows nothing about, and that knows everything about her. A lost priestess born from two people who never should have been together, everyone wants her working for them as the world crumbles into war. But with hands pulling from every side, Kricket's only hope is to stay with the man she loves, the only one she can be sure is truly fighting on her side.

Amy's books have always had stunning plots that warrant an extremely fun read, but prior to this novel her writing has been insufficient to support the action of the plot. Without warning Amy has transitioned to a colorful author with the experience and skill to create, and transport us to an entirely new world. Fast-paced and exciting, this was a one-sitting read that I couldn't put down. I was hooked by the first chapter, and was never let go.

The cover art for this book has also graduated to a new level. From amazon-author chic, to a real marketing cover. This is the kind of book I would see on the shelf and buy just for the cover. Because who are we kidding? Everyone judges books by their covers.

"I'm stone...nothing touches me...nothing."

Kricket is a down-to-earth (pun intended) heroine who grew up fighting against an abusive foster system. In all the excitement we just barely get a glimpse into Kricket's past and what she's gone through, but it's enough to develop and attachment to her, and really appreciate her character. While she does fall for a guy, she also doesn't put up with him being stupid. Since she can tell when people are lying, she gets fed up with him denying what they are to each other, and I really respected how she put a stop to his evasion.

"You know–stop right there, because you can't say stuff like that to me. You can't just kiss me in the fountains and then say you only want to be my friend."

The world that Amy creates is as imaginative as all her other plots have been, and I'm in awe at the little details she thinks of that never would have crossed most people's minds. From the creatures to the technologies, once you get used to all the new words used to describe what she sees, you are in a world as colorful as Avatar.

"You could never be a temporary situation for me, Kricket. I know that once I have you, I'll never be able to let you go. I want you as my consort...until death do us part, and than forever after that."
Trey is dreamy and I know that in the next books that a deeper look into his character will make the reader love him more than we already do–it's impossible not to. He comes to care for Kricket for her personality as they travel through the forest to Rafe, and while they do spend time apart, it's like they're always just on the edges of each other.

"My heart has found its way back to my chest and now pounds in it like it had never been torn apart."
A stunning beginning to a whirlwind new series, we will all be waiting breathlessly for the next book. If you think you know Amy Bartol as an author, think again, because this blows away her past novels, and rockets her writing into a galaxy as far away as Kricket's home.

"The sky bleeds above me like tears of black and the pinpoints of light streak horizontally with the speed of eternity."

Five Stars

Rosalie Williams

Under Different Stars on Goodreads
 

5 comments:

  1. The title is very unique as this is the unique way to identify your story and http://www.sentencecorrector.biz/english-sentence-correction-online-your-help-to-a-perfect-english-language-document/ can be a help for all of you to modify the readers you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truth be told, from the perspective of my materials costs, I could legitimize the lower cost. Regardless, time is an important resource: in the event that I'm finishing an occupation for you, how much time it takes me is a crucial idea in the sum I charge for that movement. Moreover, I put a great deal of time in DJing a wedding gathering since that is the thing that it takes to do it right. By and by, that doesn't infer that anyone must will to pay me what I ask. Nevertheless, people enroll me. Then again, I endeavor to get surveys to see more details and this will be sound great helpful data found here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder how it's possible. This is like my blog. I can't think hiw is this. But good to see this. so smart this is. thanks for share this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On the website there is an introduction of the book named Under Different Stars written by Amy A. Bartol. This page has significant information. It seems to be a heart wrenching book. In this heart-pounding new series the writer tried a little farther from home than her previous books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In this area of the different links, you can find the link of the Amy Bartol here. Enjoy the better time here with your friends. You can visit the site and can enjoy the helpful link for your time. You can also enjoy the great time of the clandestine books.

    ReplyDelete