Friday, July 18, 2014

Perception by Lee Strauss


A perfect human. Beautiful, never succumbing to illness, living an extended life, Zoe has it all. Until her brother goes missing, and her utopian world begins to unravel around her, with a mysteriously charming "normal" at the center of it all with her.

Perception was free off of amazon, and I always have my reservations about free books, especially because editing errors eat at my soul–they're so easy to avoid! But that's beside the point. This is giong to be a short review because I honestly don't have much to say about this book. I read it in one night because I got it for free and didn't have anything else to read. It was fairly short, and to my amazement, didn't have any editing errors (that I caught anyway)! So that definitely put me in a good mood.

As far as the plot goes it was fast-paced and didn't get boring. I appreciated that, especially since it was two in the morning and I couldn't have lasted through anything tedious or slow. There is action the entire time, and it kept me excited. I did predict the ending, but that didn't keep me from liking it any less.

The romance is fairly bland, unfortunately. It's there, and I appreciate the effort, and I do like Zoe and Noah together, but  I just didn't feel that spark, sorry! I liked how protective Noah was of Zoe, but I think there was a bit of a dichotomy in his character, which took away from the romance aspect of the book. Noah is originally portrayed as a self-confident, pushy, arrogant guy. But then about halfway through, all that goes out the window, and suddenly he's a devout virgin Christian. I personally liked the bad-boy side of him more.

Zoe tries to be that stubborn female protagonist that is so popular in YA these days, but she doesn't quite pull it off. Her stubborn attitude ends up making her look kind of stupid, especially since she always makes rash decisions, and then banks on Noah to get her out! There was no real substance to her character, so I didn't connect with her as much as I would have liked to.

All in all it was a nice one-night read, but let's just say I won't be investing the few dollars to buy the next book in the series.

Three Stars

Rosalie Williams

Perception on Goodreads

5 comments:

  1. Now the time is so close for this work how to control this properly. And this is why I so much love this kind of site. So great to see this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This time I find the best ideas here for me. And I think this will help me in this time to do some work for me. this is the best option for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is the reason that I follow this link. I know about this. I know that this site will help me in this case. So that I'm here and reasult is in my hand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A new buzzing session of your life waiting for the better help. Just get the great discussion with this posst and enjoy your life with the better attention. You can get the link of https://www.paraphrasingservice.com/how-our-paraphrasing-service-works/ with this page and can arrange your life with the new deal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is the new deal of the perception with the help of which you can arrange your life with the better conclusions. You can browse around here and can make the new session for your life. You can also get a great section here.

    ReplyDelete