Saturday, July 5, 2014

The Last Princess by Galaxy Craze


The Last Princess is a novel about the royal family after the devastating Seventeen Days destroy almost all of England. After the annual Roses Ball is attacked by Cornelius Hollister's army, only Princess Eliza escapes, thanks to mysterious help from a Sergeant. Siblings taken captive, Eliza sets out on a journey to avenge her murdered parents and captured siblings.

This was a one sitting book, and not in a good way. I knew that if I put this book down I would not pick it back up again, and since I own it, I wanted to have it read (I hate owning books that I haven't read). Reviewing my notes it's very difficult to decide what to say about this book. So let's start at the beginning.

The characters never become multi dimensional. Eliza sometimes shows courage, but then there is never a connection with her. She makes stupid yet valiant decisions, and it makes her an unrealistic heroine. Sergeant Wesley is innately kind, but as with Eliza, there is no connection with her character. Their romance is flimsy and practically nonexistent, when she suddenly declares she loves him.

There are a lot of inaccuracies in this book. Some mainly being the way the wild foxes acted in the forest. Wild foxes are extremely aggressive when they're starving. Living just outside of Yellowstone National Park, every year we get a story about a starving fox attacking a tourist. They don't snuggle into your hand. The other main one was the horses and more specifically the travel. Eliza travels 380 miles in less than a day on horseback. That's nearly impossible in a car, much less on a horse. Also, horses can't run flat-out for very long. Contrary to what John Wayne movies lead you to believe, you can't run a horse for very long or they die, and yes, True Grit got that part right, horses will run themselves literally to death.

So I will wrap up this short review by saying this: There is no connection with the story whatsoever. The writing is two dimensional and the characters are flat. The story lacks those things that make it seem realistic and draws the reader in. I considered abandoning it halfway through, but decided that it was necessary to read it to its conclusion. Unfortunately it was a waste of my day, and I wish I'd spent it reading a better book, or hiking, or cleaning, or baking, or doing classwork. Honestly, I'd rather do about anything than read this book again.

One Star

Rosalie Williams

The Last Princess on Goodreads

5 comments:

  1. With the session of the clandestine books you can get the upcoming structure with this area. Just come here and see the revision services with this post. Just get the real method of the last princess and visit the site to get the real page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There has been a film on the novel as well in which all the characters were selective very carefuly and you could explore the details of your terms as well for the rest of the titles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This shows the courage of the queen to read more from the files we have in our libraries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This project is really interesting and blessful.I really liked this idea and I would like to share it with my www.sentencechecker.info/professional-sentence-structure-checker team members.I hope they shall like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really agree with you.That's why I thought to paint my furniture to change look of my home.Can I get some renovation ideas from any http://www.sentencecorrectiononline.com/will-english-tense-correction-software-help-you/ site?Have you guys any such experience?

    ReplyDelete