Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Iron King by Julie Kagawa


Meghan Chase must follow her best friend, the infamous fairy Puck into another world to save her brother who has been replaced by a nasty, biting child.

The writing in all of Julia Kagawa's books is fantastic. While the storyline didn't appeal much to me, after reading her Immortal Rules book I decided I had to give it a try, and I'm glad I did.

Now, the first thing I have to rant about quickly is the similarity between this book and the Immortal Rules. While I like the story, I feel like they are exactly the same, just one with vampires and one with fairies. In both the girl's life changes early in the beginning, and has to go on a quest or journey. They both meet boys who eventually help them and fall in love, and they both achieve their goals only to be separated from their loves. So, yeah, very similar. If I had to choose, hands done the Immortal Rules was better.

Now, on to Meghan. Something I've noticed about Julie's books is people are very mean to the heroine. While I realize the world she lives in is dangerous, not everyone is mean like that. Every turn Meghan is making a new enemy and people are trying to hurt her. To me there wasn't enough balance, and I did get tired of the animosity always targeted at Meghan, and I ended up not liking her very much either.

The Prince, yum. I really did like the romance in this book. However, like the Immortal Rules series, they are separated at the end! Why can't her romances have happy endings? Unfortunately I read the description of the second book and I don't know if I'll be reading it simply because it sounds dumb. Enough said.

The story itself was exciting with basically nonstop action, and a lot of really fun magical scenes. I wish the relationships had developed more, but all in all I did enjoy it, though I definitely wouldn't call it a page turner.

Three Stars

Rosalie

The Iron King on Goodreads

5 comments:

  1. I never heard about your blog publishing. Very interesting reading. I have never read any of your post before ,but I'm sure that will change my mind about the good piece of blog writing like you. only here where you will get some help on the readmission side of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to look in the future of the education then get the fun from this blog of the educational information. look at this now and to get our dissertation writing service you should be here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to get a chance to read your post. There has so many review project while you can really make it into the top. This people click to explore always offer you the good service on your writing which you wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Iron King this book is so famous as like as this site. I know well about this also. I read this book for knowing about this. This writing also tell about some thing of the story of this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! the Iron King this is the full of enjoyable story for me that I find here. I think this is the new one but this is not like that. I read this one. And I am looking for the another part of this post.

    ReplyDelete