Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi


Into the Still Blue is the final book in the Under the Never Sky trilogy by Veronica Rossi. It is one of the best written Young Adult series I've ever read, right alongside the Shatter Me series. The plot is so well devised, that everything flows into something else. The actions and events are so natural, the world seems almost more vivid than reality.

This finale was perfect. I can honestly say I've never read a more outstanding summation to a series. The author didn't try to startle the readers with shocking ending, but finished the series the way it should have been finished. With hindsight being 20 20, I couldn't have assembled a more perfect sequence of events.

The book is filled with action, but more seriousness than the other books. Perry is the leader of the Horns now, and Aria is the defacto leader of the Dwellers. There is much more responsibility on their shoulders, yet they don't yield to it. Both rise to the occasion and develop not only as characters, but as people, and as a couple.

The only complaint I'd had with Through the Ever Night, the second book in the trilogy, is there wasn't much time that Perry and Aria spent together. It seemed as if they'd just become a couple and stolen our hearts, when they are whacked hundreds of miles apart from each other. However, the redeeming feature of that installment was the never wavering loyalty they had toward each other. The second book allowed Perry and Aria to develop separately, and then more together as a couple in Into the Still Blue.

I won't mislead you, this is a roller coaster of action and emotion. The book covers a lot in a very short amount of time, but it never feels rushed. There is sacrifice, and I doubt you'll make it through the pages without shedding at least a few tears–I know I didn't!

For me, this was a highly awaited finale, and it was definitely worth the wait. If all YA series came to a close as cleanly, and as well as this one did, I would be much happier with the current YA genre.

To put this into perspective, Divergent is all the rage right now in the YA literature, and cinematic world. I would rank this series above that one in a heartbeat. Not only above it, but miles ahead in terms of plot, characters, and the overall writing.

It is an honor to award this book:

Five Stars

Rosalie

Into the Still Blue on Goodreads

5 comments:

  1. Good post, glad to see that kids are getting exposure here, I wish I had a chance to do the same when I was kid. helpful writing tool Thank you for sharing the post with us

    ReplyDelete
  2. summers can be really hard and we definitely need to take certain measures to protect https://www.paraphrasingtool.biz/help-with-paraphrasing-online/ from the scorching search. So thank you so much for posting this online!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fashion comes and goes, but one has to be very careful while choosing dresses. What is in may not click to read be perfect for you. Perfect article

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have also read this and I would like to add some points that every thing not only just just into some thing but it also takes you with it to that thing and this link just connects with you so you can feel the emotions there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first part was quite interesting and broke me down and I am going to read the last one as well because I have clicked www.similaritychecker.com/article-similarity-checker a lot of times to download the book but failed all the time.

    ReplyDelete