Sunday, March 16, 2014

A Million Suns by Beth Revis


The second book in the Across the Universe trilogy, I was very apprehensive about this installment, but it did not disappoint.

Anything about space is truly enthralling, but also it is terrifying. The thought of being trapped in a ship, hundreds of years from its destination and knowing you will never step outside again is a huge fear for most of us.

The first book ended with no hope that they would ever reach the planet, which worried me. How much can happen on an enclosed ship hurtling through space? My claustrophobia kicked in, and I wasn't sure if I'd be able to read the next to books. Luckily for me, a lot happens in this story.

There is definitely character development, which I really liked. Elder grows up some, and his and Amy's relationship matures some. However, they still seemed immature to me separately. Their conversations felt like high school freshman talking to each other about something way over their heads, not two young adults debating something very important. This aspect made the book very difficult to get through.

Fortunately, there is a lot of plot. Amy spends most of her time searching for clues, and Elder spends his fighting a revolution. But despite the immaturity of their actions and words, I liked the turn this book made. It was definitely a bridge book, as the second book in trilogies often are, but it was an exciting one for sure.

I look forward to the third book, because I think if the author does it properly, it will be the most exciting of the series yet, and I can't wait for that.

Three Stars,

Rosalie

A Million Suns on Goodreads

5 comments:

  1. Your winter ideas are great and so much safe. All of the stuffs are beautiful and beneficial with a reasonable prize. https://www.nonplagiarismgenerator.com/our-plagiarism-paraphrasing-services/ I must appreciate this idea for children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. after reading your post, i had an ideal image of the beech in my head and after seeing the painting it was https://www.rephraser.org/how-our-sentence-rewording-tool-works/ like i was hit with a beautiful reality. good job

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done marvelous job by sending funds to New Life Children's Home in Haiti from the money which you have https://www.rewording.org/pros-and-cons-of-reword-generator/ collected from each sale of your portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have also read the first edition but there is delay in the second one and I am not sure what is the problem behind because when we have the stuff to read here there is work as a hurdle in our way to buy the book and read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Getting a degree in the organic chemistry isn't a tyke play. As the restorative understudies, ought to do parcel of diligent work and after that they can get shot of confirmation as this website likewise plainly demonstrates the significance of natural chemists. At the point when there is an interest for them in the market than understudies must do diligent work to finish their degree.

    ReplyDelete